We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Test Engineering Technician 3rd shift
Wells Vehicle Electronics
|Location||Fond du Lac|
|Contact||Jeff Blau(920) 929-6201Jeff.Blau@wellsve.com|
|Posted||143 days ago - Monday, January 29, 2018|
As part of the Wells Vehicle Electronics Talent Acquisition team, I enjoy the distinct and awesome privilege of bringing World-Class Rock Stars together with our amazing organization that thrives to "IGNITE THE SPIRIT" in everything that we do! We are seeking a 2nd and a 3rd shift Test Engineering Technician to join our team. Our technicians work in a controlled environment using test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Multi-meters, and other related equipment to troubleshoot production test systems. Our techs work in an office environment part of the time and an air-conditioned lab the other part of the time in a clean room environment conducting Design and Production run validation.
As a division of NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd., Wells Vehicle Electronics is an industry leader in the manufacturing of automotive OE and aftermarket parts Worldwide and is one of Fond du Lac's "Best Kept Secrets." Our team members are Rock Stars who help us continue to outgrow our facilities faster than we can build them due to their honest, hard-working values and amazing style and culture! We are the experts in vehicle electronic component manufacturing and the odds are that your vehicle has many of our parts in it from throttle position sensors to voltage regulators to crankshaft position sensors, we make some really cool stuff!
As part of the NGK team, we are 13,000 team members strong and growing. With a rich history dating back to 1903 when we were founded, we continue to capitalize on our greatest strengths, our people and as a team, we focus on sustainable society in all that we do. From flexible work hours to career advancement to an above average match on our 401k program, we do what it takes to say, Thank you for being a Wells Vehicle Electronics Rock Star! Would you have any interest in discussing this great opportunity further and thank you for your time!
- Assist in the development of automated production test equipment for assigned projects
- Build, wire, and install production test equipment and fixtures for assigned projects
- Assist in the development of lab test equipment for the assigned projects
- Build, wire and install lab test equipment and fixtures for various projects
- Collect production data from Design Validation, and Productions Validation runs
- Conduct failure analysis of customer complaints
- Communicate in a courteous and professional manner with all internal and external customers
- Conforms to all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures including the use of personal protective safety equipment (PPE) as appropriate
- Associate Degree with course work in electronics and 1+ years of related work experience
- Ability to read prints and schematics and ability to perform math calculations at the associate degree level
- Ability work on multiple tasks and projects at the same time to meet designated deadlines
- Must be able to comprehend and adhere to specifications, procedures, requirements both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of LabVIEW and PLC programming
- Ability to use a PC for extended periods of time. Strong skills in Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of CAD concepts, dimensioning of mechanical or electrical components
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
Wells provides competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. In 2013, we opened a new headquarters and design center in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Our facility is located on the southern shores of Lake Winnebago. This area offers the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities, along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside resort. We are also located approximately one hour from the cultural and entertainment activities of the Milwaukee, Madison and Green Bay Areas.