We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Administrative Assistant - United States
|Posted||256 days ago - Wednesday, December 06, 2017|
Reference Code: 45801Location: United States (US) - Eden, WI Job Category: Administration Employment Type: Employee Full-time Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Reporting to the Manager of Operations for the Badger Area, Heartland Region within TransCanada the successful candidate is responsible for providing administrative support for employees located in the Badger Area. This position helps provides assistance for all office related matters and coordinates the department's Operations and Maintenance administrative needs including general support.
*We anticipate that we are able to fill this position locally therefore this position is not eligible for domestic or cross-border relocation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage requests such as employee status changes, new hires and other personnel changes using SAP, ART and Workforce;
- Handle and process invoices, verify accuracy/validity, request approval, code and submit;
- Assist with preparation of annual area budget, tracking monthly area expenditures, and forecasting future area expenses
- Provide guidance/assistance to team members on company programs and processes such as time reporting, expense reporting, and training;
- Perform administrative support functions to other Managers and staff: (e.g. scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences, and setting up meeting rooms;
- Act as department liaison and handle complaints and inquiries; research and respond to requests or refer complaints to appropriate staff when warranted;
- Receive and screen visitors and/or telephone calls, provide general and specialized information regarding departmental support functions;
- Handling highly sensitive and confidential information and issues in an appropriate and professional manner;
- Review and respond to internal and external communications while maintaining appropriate confidentiality;
- Manage office equipment, custodial services/workspace issues, and coordination of incoming and outgoing mail/shipping;
- Maintenance of the records filing system in accordance with company standards;
- Assemble weekly management reports;
- Prepare meeting agendas and take meeting minutes as requested;
- Act as workforce designate for Manager;
- Prepare documents and PowerPoint presentations for Manager;
- Manage Managers calendar and coordinate travel arrangements, receive and screen visitors and telephone calls, set up meetings;
- Understanding of Irthnet and our One Call System
- Other tasks required.
Qualifications and Education
- Professionalism, excellent written and verbal communication skills with strict attention to accuracy and detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- High level of self-motivation to work independently within a high volume team environment with minimal supervision;
- Effective problem solving, analytical, prioritization, and solid/effective time management skills are essential;
- Flexibility and strong organizational skills to manage work direction from multiple sources;
- Strong teamwork skills and effective interpersonal relations are a must;
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word;
- Knowledge of Filenet (electronic filing systems), SAP/ESS/Workforce (time administration/change of status COS/COE Forms completions, service profiles), iRIMS (information management) and Success Factors considered an asset;
- Demonstrated scheduling and time management skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and/or in a team environment;
- Occasional extended work hours and days may be required;
- Some travel may be required.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma required;
- Post-secondary education in administrative studies preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility;
- Experience dealing with senior management in a dynamic environment;
- Solid understanding of TransCanada's structure, business interests and key stakeholders is considered an asset.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 12/18/2017. To apply, go to web address removed> and enter Reference Code 45801. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.