Scrub Technician - OB
|Location||Fond Du Lac, WI 54935|
|Department||WI-St. Agnes Hospital|
|Posted||14 days ago - Thursday, April 08, 2021|
- Enhances the overall patient care experience by responding to patient requests and obtaining needed services from other hospital personnel.
- Creates a positive environment for visitors by greeting them properly in person or on the phone, giving directions or referring inquiries to nursing and physician staff.
- Contributes to the overall financial performance of the department through efficient unit operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes and maintaining unit supplies.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations and adhering to infection control policies and procedures as measured by the number of sentinel events or medical errors.
- Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction of the department by actively participating in staff meetings and offering assistance to others when needed.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with employees like you.
St. Agnes Hospital is looking for an individual with prior OB Tech experience or a certified Surgical Technician for our Labor and Delivery team. We are looking for a self-motivated and engaged team member who understands their role and can meet and anticipate the needs of the team and patients.
In the OB Unit, our Surgical Techs come from a diverse set of backgrounds, making SSM Health a great place both to share your own knowledge and, more broadly, to learn from your peers.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- You feel valued, respected and free to express yourself;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If you listen and respond with great care…
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of individuals just as kind and powerful as you.
Hours: 24 hours/week, 3pm – 11pm with rotating weekends.