RN - Waupun Christian Home
|Location||Waupun, WI 53963|
|Department||WI-Christian Home & Rehabilitation Center|
|Posted||131 days ago - Thursday, September 10, 2020|
- Provides quality care to acute, subacute, and chronically ill residents, administers medications and treatments according to standards of care, and maintains competency in all required nursing skills.
- Provides direction to CNAs and monitors the workflow of the unit to ensure coordination of care. Uses nursing process for: assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation. Report significant changes to physician as indicated.
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning and end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications to all residents according to the 5 rights. Monitors for medication side effects. Ensures that medications are provided in a manner consistent with manufacturer's guidelines.
- Gives guidance and direction to auxiliary staff. Participates in report meetings at the beginning and end of each shift. Communicates with residents, guardians, and family members on the current condition and needs of residents in accordance with regulations and standards of practice. Provides teaching and training to residents and families as needed.
- Ensures that preventative measures are in place such as: specialty mattresses, foam boots, weekly skin checks, turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, and cushions in all wheelchairs. Follows up on reports of rashes, open areas, edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding.
- Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint alternatives are in place/activated including: personal alarms, cushion alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats, bolstered beds, hip protectors.
- Provides and ensure quality end of life care. Uses comfort basket to meet resident and family needs. Ensures hygiene, comfort, and spiritual needs are met. Treats pain/restlessness. Offers family courtesy meal trays and other amenities. Demonstrates compliance with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in departure ceremony.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
This is a part-time position, working 28 hours/week.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you.
As an RN in Skilled Nursing, you’ve chosen a career where patients matter–a lot.
Our Mission and Values put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each day.
As an RN in Skilled Nursing, you will possess the skills necessary to care for residents with altered abilities. You will deliver both professional care and psychological support to patients, residents and families tailored to the unique requirements for extended care settings.
You will draw on creative communication skills to interact with residents and their families to learn their preferences, offer compassionate nursing support, and ensure everyone feels safe and comfortable.
Thrive as an RN in Skilled Nursing and gain a career’s worth of working knowledge.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- RNs feel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If you listen and respond with great care…
If the needs, wants and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of health care professionals just as kind and powerful as you.
Agnesian HealthCare, a member of SSM Health.