We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
RN - Long Term Care
|Location||Mount Calvary, WI|
|Posted||533 days ago - Saturday, August 01, 2020|
- Provides quality care to acute, subacute, and chronically ill residents, administers medications and treatments according to standards of care, and maintains competency in all required nursing skills.
- Provides direction to CNAs and monitors the workflow of the unit to ensure coordination of care. Uses nursing process for: assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation. Report significant changes to physician as indicated.
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning and end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications to all residents according to the 5 rights. Monitors for medication side effects. Ensures that medications are provided in a manner consistent with manufacturer's guidelines.
- Gives guidance and direction to auxiliary staff. Participates in report meetings at the beginning and end of each shift. Communicates with residents, guardians, and family members on the current condition and needs of residents in accordance with regulations and standards of practice. Provides teaching and training to residents and families as needed.
- Ensures that preventative measures are in place such as: specialty mattresses, foam boots, weekly skin checks, turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, and cushions in all wheelchairs. Follows up on reports of rashes, open areas, edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding.
- Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint alternatives are in place/activated including: personal alarms, cushion alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats, bolstered beds, hip protectors.
- Provides and ensure quality end of life care. Uses comfort basket to meet resident and family needs. Ensures hygiene, comfort, and spiritual needs are met. Treats pain/restlessness. Offers family courtesy meal trays and other amenities. Demonstrates compliance with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in departure ceremony.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Previous Nursing Home Experience or Hospital Experience preferred.