|Location||Ripon, WI 54971|
|Department||WI-Ripon Medical Center|
|Posted||8 days ago - Wednesday, November 24, 2021|
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you.
At Ripon Medical Center, we have a PRN RN opening in our Emergency Department. This position is not benefit eligible.
As a Emergency DepartmentRN, you’ve chosen a career where patients matter—a lot.
Our Mission and Values put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each day.
As a Med Surg RN, you will care for patients in their most critical time of illness.
Our registered nurses come from a diverse set of backgrounds, making SSM Health a great place both to share your own knowledge and, more broadly, to learn from your peers.
We proudly leverage our skills to effect positive outcomes from potentially grave circumstances.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- RNs feel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If you listen and respond with great care…
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of RNs just as kind and powerful as you.Provides direct nursing care in settings where patients require complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care consumer’s health and/or situation.
- Triages each health care consumer utilizing age, developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to prioritize and optimize health care consumer flow, expediting those health care consumers who require immediate care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the health care consumer or the situation.
- Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a safe practice environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing practice.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.