RN - Cardiac Cath Lab
|Location||Fond Du Lac, WI 54935|
|Department||WI-St. Agnes Hospital|
|Posted||44 days ago - Wednesday, August 05, 2020|
- Collaborates with the nursing staff and multidisciplinary team members to place patient in appropriate level of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Initiates care management process including pre-registration and insurance verification.
- Stays informed of changes in managed care and communicates procedural and financial impact to admitting physicians during the reservation/scheduling process.
- Reviews medical reports from referring hospitals or physician offices and relays information to nursing unit. Develops relationships with referral sources and admission decision makers.
- Coordinates education and development of internal staff and external departments to ensure understanding of intake review and approval process.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you.
At St. Agnes Hospital, we have a variable shift opportunity available in our Cardiac Cath Lab in the admission/recovery unit. Shift hours include an early/mid/late day rotation, along with weekend rotation every 3rd weekend and a holiday rotation.
Our Mission and Values put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each day.
As a Cardiac Cath Lab RN, you will care for patients in their most critical time of illness. Our registered nurses come from a diverse set of backgrounds, making SSM Health a great place both to share your own knowledge and, more broadly, to learn from your peers.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- RNs feel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of RNs just as kind and powerful as you.