Resupply Specialist, Post Acute
|Location||Fond Du Lac, WI 54935|
|Department||WI-Agnesian Health Shoppe|
|Posted||31 days ago - Thursday, September 16, 2021|
Acts as a liaison between employees, providers, payers, customers, and other health care providers to obtain necessary documentation and process orders for resupply patients.
- Obtains and interprets medical documentation, compares documentation with insurance coverage criteria, and creates orders to provide continued supplies to existing patients.
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility and benefits and communicates financial responsibilities to patients, caregivers, and other health care providers.
- Performs accurate and timely data entry into operating system and processes orders for appropriate supplies to ensure for timely delivery and correct billing.
- Communicates with patients, employees, caregivers, and other health care providers on status of orders.
- Collects payments from patients for coinsurance, copays, and self-pay items.
- Obtains written orders and prior authorization for appropriate supplies.
- Ensures compliance with Medicare, Medicaid and Accreditation Standards.
- May focus duties on other equipment/supply groups as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years' experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.