We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Resident Care Assistant, LTC
|Location||Waupun, WI 53963|
|Posted||119 days ago - Friday, November 06, 2020|
- Prepares and serves meals to residents. Cleans up dining room and kitchen following meals. Completes water pass to residents. Distributes linens and sets table prior to meals. Feeds residents as assigned.
- Performs basic housekeeping duties (mopping, sweeping, dusting, and vacuuming) in public areas on a daily basis and in resident rooms (including bed making) as needed.
- Serves as a resource for residents regarding their questions and concerns. Resolves issues as able. Refers unresolved concerns to appropriate staff.
- Cleans all resident utensils such as bedpans, urinals, basins, etc. following good antiseptic practices as scheduled. Cleans lifts and other unit equipment as needed.
- Assists in taking care of residents rooms. Cleans resident closets and drawers as scheduled making sure food is stored in proper containers and valuables are handled carefully. Cleans resident wheelchairs and walkers as assigned and notifies maintenance department when repairs are needed.
- May wash and dry clothing and linens for residents. Returns finished laundry to resident rooms. Stocks resident bathrooms with linens as scheduled.
- May assist residents with weekly shower and bathing activities, including hair shampoo and nail care as needed.
- Transports residents to and from meal periods via wheelchair and to appointments as assigned.
- Understands and follows facility policies regarding skin care, bowel and bladder, behaviors, fall prevention, nutrition, restraint free environment, pain control, prevention of ADL decline and conducts resident activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age
- Certifications required, or required to obtain within first 90 days of employment:
First Aide & Choking
- No experience required