We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Patient Access Representative II
|Location||Fond Du Lac, WI 54935|
|Department||WI-St. Agnes Hospital|
|Posted||593 days ago - Wednesday, June 03, 2020|
- Gathers information from patient and enters into appropriate database. Seeks appropriate resources to resolve issues about the type, date or location of prescribed procedures.
- Schedules patient procedures in a manner that most efficiently utilizes the patient's time and clinical resources. Coordinates and communicates schedules.
- Assists with coordination of activities related to insurance pre-certification/authorization.
- Provides counseling to patient, participant or their representative regarding pre-service requirements and instructions.
- Performs clerical and reception duties associated with patient registration.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and participates in improvement plans.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- May review the work of others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you. Our mission and values put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each day.
As a Patient Access Representative you’ve chosen a career where patients matter—a lot.
Do you have a passion for delivering excellence in customer service? Are you detail oriented and enjoy working with a variety of people? As a Patient Access Representative, you are responsible for communicating with patients, participants and staff to accurately schedule patients for prescribed procedures and gather the necessary demographic, insurance and clinical information for the procedure. This is a part-time, variable schedule on AM and PM shifts.
At SSM Health, you can expect a work environment where:
- Employees feel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If you listen and respond with great care…
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of healthcare professionals just as kind and powerful as you.