Patient Access Representative
|Location||Fond Du Lac, WI 54935|
|Department||WI-St. Agnes Hospital|
|Posted||8 days ago - Wednesday, November 24, 2021|
Responsible for communicating with patients, participants and staff to accurately schedule patients for prescribed procedures and gather the necessary demographic, insurance and clinical information for the procedure.
- Gathers information from patient and enters into appropriate database. Seeks appropriate resources to resolve issues about the type, date or location of prescribed procedures.
- Schedules patient procedures in a manner that most efficiently utilizes the patient's time and clinical resources. Coordinates and communicates schedules.
- Assists with coordination of activities related to insurance pre-certification/authorization.
- Provides counseling to patient, participant or their representative regarding pre-service requirements and instructions.
- Performs clerical and reception duties associated with patient registration.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and participates in improvement plans.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- May review the work of others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.