We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Nuclear Medicine Technologist
|Location||Waupun, WI 53963|
|Department||WI-Waupun Memorial Hospital|
|Posted||8 days ago - Wednesday, November 24, 2021|
Performs therapeutic and diagnostic nuclear medicine procedures providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree
- No experience required
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.