Lab Support Technician I
|Location||Fond Du Lac, WI 54935|
|Department||WI-St. Agnes Hospital|
|Posted||44 days ago - Wednesday, August 05, 2020|
- Assists with the duties and responsibilities of a Clinical Lab Scientist, Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technician or Technical Specialist, Histology.
- Receives and processes laboratory specimens.
- Performs waived testing and progressively more complex testing upon completion of clinical rotations and competencies.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of experience and education
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you.
At St. Agnes Hospital, we have a part-time opportunity available in our phlebotomy department! Shift hours include early mornings, typically between 4:30 AM – 8:00 AM. Travel is required as you will visit nursing homes along with working inpatient and outpatient within the hospital. Great opportunity for students!
Our Mission and Values put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each day. Our Lab Support Techs come from a diverse set of backgrounds, making SSM Health a great place both to share your own knowledge and, more broadly, to learn from your peers.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of employees just as kind and powerful as you.