We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Lab Support Technician
|Location||Fond Du Lac, WI 54935|
|Department||WI-St. Agnes Hospital|
|Posted||281 days ago - Wednesday, February 24, 2021|
- Assists customers including answering phones and responding to customer inquiries.
- Assists laboratory staff in the daily operation of the lab by collecting, labeling, processing and preserving blood, urine and other specimens according to established laboratory procedures.
- Enters, accesses and executes lab orders in the appropriate laboratory and electronic medical record system.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and work area.
- May update statistical records, labels tubes, and schedules processing runs.
- May perform phlebotomy and/or waived testing.
- Identifies patients using two identifiers.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties including admission activities, insurance verification, order entry processing and medical record processing.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of experience and education
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you.
At St. Agnes Hospital, we have a part-time opportunity available in our phlebotomy department! This position has a variable shift, and is scheduled for 24 hours per week. The Lab Support Tech I is benefit eligible.
Our Mission and Values put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each day. Our Lab Support Techs come from a diverse set of backgrounds, making SSM Health a great place both to share your own knowledge and, more broadly, to learn from your peers.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of employees just as kind and powerful as you.