Health Information Representative Opportunities (WI)
|Location||Waupun, WI 53963|
|Department||WI-Waupun Memorial Hospital|
|Posted||37 days ago - Wednesday, January 27, 2021|
- Responsible for the accurate and time sensitive completion of return to work, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and disability related forms received by the Health Information Department. Reviews requests, maintains records in electronic health record, abstracts relevant data and completes Disability/FMLA forms. Sends forms for completion and/or signature to appropriate healthcare providers. Communicates with providers, patients, employers, insurance companies as needed to complete tasks. Ensures Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant authorization is completed to send signed forms to third party requestors.
- Responsible for the accurate and time sensitive completion of return to work, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Disability related forms received by the Health Information Department. Validates incoming requests to ensure HIPAA compliance and enter release requests into the release of information module within the electronic health record. Processes payments and sends requested records in various formats including fax, mail and my chart. Completes requests in EPIC by selecting medical records, Billing and Medical Imaging by following requirements established within department.
- Provides a detailed analysis of the scanned documents in the queue to ensure all information has been scanned appropriately, is clear and without inaccuracies, possesses the correct patient identification, and is scanned to the correct document type in line with our commitment to patient safety. Accurately enters laboratory results into electronic health record database. Reviews, verifies and scans documents to encounters/ orders/ documents list within electronic health record. Reviews upcoming medical imaging appointments and requests images from outside facilities and uploads Imaging files. Monitors incoming in basket messages for instructions to make updates to the patients chart or to request medical records from outside facilities.
- Sorts and delivers incoming/ outgoing mail. Reviews patient’s paper medical chart and X-Ray film jacket against organization's retention policy, shred or retain patient chart.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years' experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Looking for Full Time, Part Time, and PRN for all shifts!
We offer Great Benefits, Relocation assistance, Educational Reimbursement, a Wonderful Internal Promotion Program, and Competitive Compensation.