Environmental Services Associate
|Location||Fond Du Lac, WI 54935|
|Department||WI-St. Agnes Hospital|
|Posted||5 days ago - Friday, July 31, 2020|
- Cleans patient rooms, offices, classrooms, work areas and public areas as assigned and according to proper processes, procedures, and standards. May handle all laundry items by sorting and placing in proper containers according to proper processes, procedures, and standards.
- Performs sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, polishing, vacuuming, hard surface floor cleaning, stripping, refinishing and carpet cleaning which may require the use of mechanical equipment. Cleans light fixtures, ceilings, vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows, window coverings, and any other items as assigned by the need of the department.
- Cleans and disinfects sterile procedure rooms according to policies, procedures, and standards such as surgery and delivery areas as required by ministry operating standards.
- Adheres to safety precautions, policies, procedures and standards for handling infectious wastes, hazardous materials, waste spills, and exposures. Reports all events as required by ministry documentation standards.
- Replenishes supplies and materials in assigned areas and patient rooms.
- Transports trash, hazardous waste, soiled linen, and recyclable trash to appropriate disposal areas following policies, procedures, and standards.
- May participate in moving furniture, set up chairs, set up tables, break down rooms, etc. May perform routine equipment maintenance, and make minor repairs as requested.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No experience required
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Rare crawling, sitting and keyboard use/data entry.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you.
SSM Health St. Agnes Hospital has a full-time days Environmental Services Associate position available!
SCHEDULE: M-F 7:00am-3:30pm, Every other weekend and holiday from 6:30am-3:00pm
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
•Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
•Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you have a passion for cleaning, then we’d love to learn more about you! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of Environmental Service Associates just as kind and powerful as you.
Agnesian Healthcare a member of SSM Health