Director - RN - Emergency Services
|Location||Fond Du Lac, WI 54935|
|Department||WI-St. Agnes Hospital|
|Posted||10 days ago - Thursday, July 22, 2021|
At SSM Health-Agnesian HealthCare, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you.
Do you enjoy using your transformational leadership and coaching skills to drive continuous operational performance improvement resulting in the best patient care?
As the Director-Emergency Services, you will oversee the emergency department at St. Agnes Hospital and work alongside the team, physicians and Medical Director to provide strategic operational direction that produces excellence in patient care.
Candidates given best consideration will have the following:
Master’s Degree in Nursing (or related field)
Experience working as an RN on an acute care unit within a hospital setting
Formal leadership experience
Emergency Preparedness training/experience
Trauma/EMS relationship management
Strong organizational skills
St. Agnes Hospital is a 146-bed hospital that has grown into both an inpatient and outpatient facility providing innovative community and regional healthcare services. A leader in providing quality state-of-the-art healthcare services, whether it is cancer treatment; comprehensive heart care through the Dale Michels Center for Heart Care, including angioplasty and open-heart surgery; home or hospice care; maternity services; laser surgery; sports medicine; behavioral health services; women’s health services; occupational health services; rehabilitation services and 24-hour emergency care provided by in-house emergency physicians and nurses who treat and stabilize medical emergency conditions.Directs services, workflow and resources for assigned nursing area.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system.
- Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares and monitors budget(s) and ensures that assigned nursing area operates within allocated funds. Coordinates and directs internal and externally-driven audits.
Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in nursing or related field; Bachelor's degree in Nursing if Master's is not in Nursing
- Three years' registered nurse experience, with one year in leadership
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.