Clinical Laboratory Scientists Lead
|Location||Fond du Lac, WI|
|Posted||3 days ago - Friday, January 14, 2022|
Sign On Bonus EligibleUnder general direction, supervises assignments within the laboratory and acts as a resource to the laboratory.
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood tests to more complex tests.
- Interprets test reports and communicates findings to physicians.
- Escalates unusual, critical or abnormal results.
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision instruments.
- Maintains accuracy of equipment and reagents by performing established preventive maintenance procedures.
- Assists providers in choosing appropriate lab test.
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Operates, maintains, calibrates and troubleshoots instruments.
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Reviews current literature and attends meetings and seminars to keep informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and education
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.