We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Hospice
|Location||Fond Du Lac, WI 54935|
|Department||WI-Hospice Home of Hope|
|Posted||523 days ago - Tuesday, August 11, 2020|
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN) in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and reassessment at specific times for patient population. Documents and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation of patient’s response to care or treatment and when significant change occurs in the patient’s condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Answers patients’ calls for help, takes their vital signs, and monitors their behavior and physical condition for progress or deterioration. Assists with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds. Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of fluids.
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders, preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing unit.
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you. As a health care professional, you’ve chosen a career where patients matter—a lot.
The Hospice Home of Hope team works closely with patients and families to identify their goals and priorities, and to develop a plan to achieve them. Our Hospice staff is dedicated to helping individuals facing terminal illness to experience the best quality of life possible.
As a Hospice C.N.A., you will learn ways to adapt care and comfort patients and their families when they need it the most.