3rd Shift Production Technician
|Posted||265 days ago - Friday, November 15, 2019|
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Crisco®, Café Bustelo®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Sahale Snacks®, Smucker's® Uncrustables®, Robin Hood®, and Bick’s®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray® Nutrish®, Meow Mix®, Milk-Bone®, Kibbles 'n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and Nature’s Recipe®. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.REPORTS TO
Shift Team LeaderKEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports all HS&E initiatives and performs assigned safety responsibilities including Near Miss, Risk Predictions, and BOS programs.
- Ensures that all operating systems necessary to ensure food safety and quality are functioning properly; such as jar cleaners, coding equipment, HMI set points, quality computers, etc.
- Responsible for all necessary quality checks, inspections and reacts accordingly.
- Maintains documentation and production records that are legible, accurate, complete and in full compliance with all plant, corporate quality, and regulatory requirements.
- Understands and applies HACCP, plant quality, plant GMPs, and food safety requirements to the daily performance of the job.
- Safely operates and maintains all packaging equipment. Responsible for: equipment setup, change-overs, assembly, centerlines, startups, normal operation, trouble-shooting, maintenance, shutdown, cleaning, sanitation, and inspection.
- Drives plant efforts to achieve production efficiency, downtime reduction, drive out losses, and schedule adherence goals.
- Support Total Employee Involvement (TEI) by participating in; Functional Leadership, System and/or Sub Key Element Ownership, or other SQMS initiatives intended to promote improved plant performance.
- Communicates with team leaders, maintenance, packaging and processing personnel to achieve self-sufficient team goals.
- Works closely with team members, maintenance, and sanitation to ensure all equipment is maintained and in sanitary condition (ex. CILs, PMs, identify defects and abnormalities, SQF audit, etc.)
- Keeps work station neat and organized.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Basic mechanical knowledge, leadership skills, and strong work ethic
- Well organized, detail oriented, and works independently
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Computer skills and willingness to learn
- Able to lift to 75 pounds, stand for extended hours, and go up & down stairs regularly
- Forklift certified preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required