The Human Resources Administrative Assistant will provide office support for the HR staff and function. A significant portion of the position supports the Talent Acquisition Manager to post positions, screen candidates, and support administrative duties associated with hiring talent. Responsible for maintenance of personnel files, administration of COVID-related documents, reports, and compliance, as well as support with HR content and posting to the NEBAT intranet site, coordination of new employee onboarding, HRIS entries and maintenance, correspondence, and other related duties in support of NEBAT employees.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists with screening applications, scheduling interviews, conducting interviews, and scheduling appointments for supervisors, other management and/or employees to meet with qualified applicants.
- Completes pre-employment checks including employment references, credit, and criminal background checks. Presents job offers to candidates on an as needed basis.
- Utilizes HRIS to create job requisitions, maintain applicant information and enter new employee information.
- Posts positions to various sites as appropriate and proactively sources candidates using resume databases. Assists in reaching out to community organizations using WI Job Network to meet affirmative action requirements.
- Assists with coordinating the Youth Apprentice Program working with supervisors, students, and school coordinators to ensure hours and other program requirements are met. May assist with summer student and internship programs, as needed.
- Acts as back-up to the Talent Acquisition Manager in conducting new employee onboarding when needed, coordinating aspects of the onboarding process, revising forms, collecting feedback, and other tasks relating to the onboarding of new employees.
- Maintains human resources records for employees by recording status changes including hires, transfers, terminations, change in job classifications and maintains employee files.
- Performs HR-related administrative work including sending out evaluation notices, processing of applicant referral payments and employee computer loans, payroll filing, coordination of service anniversary recognition, and assists with NMLS licenses, as well as timecard lockout.
- Aides in the administration of employee benefit program, working closely with the Benefits Manager, on file validation, open enrollment materials, new hire onboarding, and related tasks.
- Assists with set-up and updates learning management system (LMS) with employee changes and monitors and reports policy acknowledgement status.
- May assist with administration of Wellbeing Committee activities including monitoring the Wellbeing email, sending communications, updating documents, posting activities, and coordinating meetings.
- Contributes to HR policies, procedures, and guidelines, including updating handbook, writing procedures, modifying existing templates and maintaining HR-related pages on the bank intranet site.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports, as requested, including collection and preparation of data for the affirmative action plan. Prepares presentations for internal communications, as needed.
- Updates and maintains state and federal employment posters across bank locations. Ensures acquired banks/branches are compliant with posting requirements.
- Provides professional responses to inquiries concerning HR related questions and topics and redirects employees, as needed.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information professionally and with discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills to conduct interviews and to communicate effectively through oral and written communication. Ability to work collaboratively and develop strong working relationships with HR team, managers, employees, and vendors. Approachable with the ability to perform duties with high level of tact and integrity.
- Maintain composure and professionalism under pressure, including the ability to effectively deal with unexpected situations and potentially difficult employee situations.
- Reliable, organized and demonstrates good project management skills. Ability to work independently.
- Proficient to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Products (specifically Excel spreadsheets), HRIS systems, virtual systems, and various online recruiting sites.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Occasional overtime may be needed based on volume of business and department activities.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. may be required.
- Occasional bending, reaching, and stooping.
- Frequent visual effort is required. 70-90% of the workday is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent training and education.
- Hands-on experience with HRIS/HRMS software required. Working knowledge of ADP preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative support experience.
- Previous banking experience helpful, but not required.