Under general supervision, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, is responsible for providing an exceptional customer experience and day to day support of the Trust Division. This position uses a variety of software and technologies to create correspondence to customers, data entry, posting, generate reports, mail distribution and receptionist and administrative duties in the Trust Division.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls and schedule client meetings.
- Prepare and send reports, including client performance reports, from trust accounting software, portfolio management software, and performance reporting software.
- Accurately enter data and create Excel tables and worksheets to assist in the analysis of client accounts and data.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare written correspondence, including mass mailings using mail merges for customers and clients.
- Perform basic accounting duties, including maintaining records for manual checks issued by the department, bill payments, money transfers, wire transfers, deposits, maintain check book register and account balancing.
- Maintain client database and update name, address, and other applicable information as necessary.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Daily review of obituaries and cross-check against future fee customer list.
- Enter deposits and disbursements for clients, as requested by administrators.
- Track and record check deposits.
- Process mail.
- Process and mail tax estimate payments, as instructed by administrators.
- Enter and set up trades into electronic trading system, as requested by officers.
- Serve as backup to operations administrator, including handling of daily settlement and reconciliation with outsourcing vendor.
- Perform property inspections and complete inspection reports.
- Serve as department notary.
- Organize files, both in electronic directory and physical form.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, both from administrators and officers within the division.
Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Proficient to advanced skills in MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams; as well as other technologies such as Webex and Adobe Pro.
- Effectively utilizes and leverages department software programs for portfolio management, financial planning and trust accounting to support the department.
- Willingness to learn and utilize new software and technologies to create efficiencies within the role and the department.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills necessary to relate to and empathize with other people and to maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor throughout the day.
- Maintain composure and professionalism under pressure, including the ability to effectively deal with unexpected situations and potentially difficult customers and to maintain a cohesive work environment with coworkers.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion of customer and bank information.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of work day is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Periodic lifting of up to 30 lbs. is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Frequent visual effort is required. Up to 75% - 100% of the workday is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Frequent sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Requires a minimum of one year previous education and/or experience in administrative assistant-related work to include advanced experience with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and other database operations.
- Previous banking, trust or investment services experience is preferred.