Under supervision by management, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, supervises the daily activities of the Fond du Lac North and South Main Street Customer Service staff. Manages the efficient operation of the Fond du Lac S. Main lobby and drive-up teller areas and North Main customer-facing staff. Ensures that customers are served promptly and that the department balances each business day, including Vault operations. Utilizes knowledge and experience in exercising discretion and independent judgement in resolving problems and answering questions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the activities of the teller operations area by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive customer relations problems and explaining policies and procedures to customers. Represents the bank to customers in a courteous, professional manner.
- Trains, schedules, assigns work to, and reviews job performance of team members; makes recommendations in regard to hiring and salary; and, when necessary, executes corrective action steps for personnel. Responsible for staff efficiency ratios and optimizing resource allocation.
- Communicates changes to policies, procedures and products to personnel as necessary and ensures changes in procedures are executed as applicable.
- Evaluates and discusses job performance with employees and when necessary, executes performance improvement plans and/or other corrective actions for branch personnel.
- Ensures that the locations balance all transactions at the close of each business day. Helps staff to resolve balancing and end-of-day problems. Ensures established vault and drawer limits are adhered to. Oversees vault operations in absence of Vault Manager.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to explain new ideas, changes in policy and procedures, and review concerns.
- Leads branch-wide teller meetings in coordination with other Operations Managers, Regional Operations Leaders and supervisors including establishing an agenda and talking points for meeting.
- Recommends and administers policies and procedures to be utilized in the department. Identifies and makes recommendations to management concerning possible procedural changes to execute process improvements, enhance the quality of customer service, meet changing regulatory demands and create efficiencies.
- Ensures that the bank is using the most appropriate options and versions offered in teller software (TI) by facilitating software upgrade reviews with appropriate personnel including departmental managers, regional operations leads, experienced tellers, supervisor and others as needed. Works with Service Desk and FIS to complete distribution of software.
- Leader within Cash Advance team being a primary vendor contact, troubleshooting and training staff.
- Ensures that the locations are open and ready to conduct business each business day.
- Fulfills all duties under Teller Job Description when working as a Teller to accommodate staffing demands.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned, including but not limited to projects, switchboard, vault, ATM servicing and balancing.
Skills and Abilities Required
- A thorough knowledge of branch operations to coordinate the daily functioning of the locations and to resolve employee and customer problems. Ability to make critical decisions regarding customer transactions, potential fraud or other immediate needs.
- Complete familiarity with the bank's policies, procedures and guidelines. Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures including the ability to analyze and interpret data to aid in decision making.
- Ability to be mobile in order to answer employee and customer questions and visit Fond du Lac branch offices.
- Ability to supervise multiple employees and effectively answer questions and resolve problems. Ability to provide guidance and influence direct reports to help strengthen knowledge and skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to aid in decision making or in securing approval for procedural changes.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to follow a systematic method for maintaining order across multiple locations, with varying needs.
- The interpersonal skills necessary to represent the bank in a positive and professional way, conduct business development calls and deal with current and potential customers. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written or verbal exchanges.
- A thorough knowledge of teller equipment, software, procedures and operations to answer questions and resolve problems.
- Ability to operate PC with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software and other standard office equipment, including a calculator, copier/scanner, fax machine and other equipment as assigned.
- Normal office environment with minimal noise, temperature variation or dust. Length of workday is unpredictable, depending upon volume of business and department activities.
- Periodic travel to customer locations may be required.
- Participation in weekend rotation is an expectation.
- Must be available for after-hour calls when needed.
- Will be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and maintain good customer relations with the ability to adapt to varying customer and transactional volume. Must be able to quickly re-establish priorities, responding to the changing needs of the department.
- Manual dexterity skills for typing and use of computer and other related office systems and equipment.
- Periodic lifting of up to 30 lbs. is required.
- Occasional bending, reaching and stooping.
- Frequent visual effort is required. Up to 75-100% of the workday is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- Occasional sitting is required.
Training and Preparation
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor degree in business or other related field preferred.
- Three years of bank operations and customer contact experience.
- Prior people management experience is a plus.