Under general supervision, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, performs a broad variety of customer services such as opening accounts, selling bank products and services and answering questions concerning services provided by the bank from customers. Handles monetary transactions, including check cashing approvals, processing online deposits and withdrawals involved with new accounts and certificates of deposit. Performs CIS input and system entry along with imaging and miscellaneous other software applications as needed to support our products and services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Represent the bank in a professional manner while interacting with current and potential customers and courteously and efficiently serving a customer’s needs.
- Open new accounts to include:
- Analyzing customer needs and explaining options such as single and joint ownership, FDIC insurance, various savings and checking account programs available and ancillary services.
- Suggesting relevant services for the customer, gathering needed information and disseminating required disclosures.
- Preparing all documentation and assisting the customer in signing of documents necessary to process new accounts. Receiving initial deposit and ensuring that all new accounts are properly processed.
- Perform CIS input of new accounts and maintenance on deposit and loan accounts.
- Actively cross-sell the Bank's services in a professional manner. Ongoing support for all new accounts and services to make sure the customer is satisfied with the services provided.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verify deposit amounts, examine checks for endorsements and negotiability including identifying/detecting counterfeit currency and enter transactions into bank system. Actively identify potential issues of fraud.
- Communicate effectively via phone, email and in person. Answer questions and solve problems for customers concerning all services provided by the bank by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers and reporting results to the inquiring party.
- Follow bank procedures and actively be alert for potential fraud issues.
- Handle some inquiries dealing with foreign check approvals and signature verification. Process foreign currency transactions.
- Cross-trained in the following duties for daily activity or back-up duties as appropriate:
- all imaging operational duties
- new account entries on the system
- account maintenance on the system
- debit, credit, and gift card transactions and responsibilities
- possible vault attendant duties which requires lifting up to 30 pounds
- creating letters, memos and other correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Rotating to neighboring offices for staffing coverage upon request and for Saturday coverage
Skills and Abilities Required
- The interpersonal skills necessary to relate to and empathize with other people and to maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer and other standard office equipment, including a calculator, fax, printer, scanner and other equipment as assigned.
- Ability to be mobile in order to look up information and move to different areas of the bank to complete a transaction or discuss a situation with another employee.
- A knowledge of bank functions to back up other branch departments when needed.
- Some pressure to work efficiently, accurately, and maintain good customer relations.
- Ability to multi-task during high volume times.
- Requires high amount of visual effort due to use of computer screen.
Training and Preparation
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous Banking and Customer Service experience a plus.
How to Apply
Apply Online ›
OR Send Cover Letters and Résumés to:
National Exchange Bank & TrustAttn: Human ResourcesP.O. Box 988Fond du Lac, WI 54936-0988
You can also find National Exchange Bank & Trust opportunities at Nation Job Services
If you are interested in more information, please e-mail us
or call us at (920) 921-7700.
If you are an individual with disabilities and need assistance using this website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at (920) 921-7700.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
National Exchange Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.