We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Temporary Assistant 3 - Security Officer - Fond du Lac
Moraine Park Technical College
|Location||Fond du Lac|
|Posted||1549 days ago - Thursday, May 19, 2016|
With oversight of the Security Manager, assist with MPTC’s safety and security efforts at all campuses, which includes loss prevention, parking enforcement, student, staff and public security. Interact with all staff, students, MPTC leadership, local law enforcement agencies, fire departments, and appropriate agencies on security related matters.
1. Provide high visibility throughout the district to maintain the safety and security and security of the campus buildings, promote lawful behavior and protect the welfare of the students, staff and the general public.
2. Conduct preventative foot patrols to monitor the physical safety of campus buildings, patrolling and monitoring using surveillance systems and reporting suspicious behaviors.
3. Enforce all Moraine Park Technical College policies and procedures including, parking, smoking, and safety standards.
4. Investigate and document incidents and violations of college policies/regulations including theft, injury, and property damage.
5. Assist with investigations that are in violation of state statutes and municipal ordinances that occur on MPTC property.
6. Provide access to buildings, offices and classrooms, as needed.
7. Provide assistance to students, staff, and general public, such as personal escorts and basic first aid when needed.
8. Provide required support to the MPTC’s crisis response program.
9. Conduct required safety equipment inspections such as fire extinguishers, emergency eyewash/showers, automated external defibrillators, and first aid kits.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Strong written communication skills. Experience investigating and writing detailed reports is desirable.
2. Ability to work in a team atmosphere. Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with all levels or staff, students and the general public. Possess the ability to verbally defuse threatening situations.
3. The ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities and work in a customer-centric environment.
4. Strong problem solving skills. Demonstrate the ability to analyze situations and quickly apply critical thinking skills.
5. The ability to interact effectively with diverse populations.
6. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers. Portrays a positive attitude with customers at all times.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
9. Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
Group Life Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program