We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Dean of Health and Human Services
Moraine Park Technical College
|Location||US-WI-Fond du Lac|
|Posted||77 days ago - Tuesday, January 08, 2019|
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Dean of Health and Human Services at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position will design, organize and oversee the operation of programs and services in the Health and Human Services area. This area includes the following programs: Nursing – Associate Degree, Nursing Assistant, Surgical Technology, Health and Wellness, Health and Wellness Technician, Criminal Justice-Corrections, Substance Abuse Counseling, Emergency Medical Technician, Advanced EMT, EMT Paramedic, Paramedic Technician, Fire Training, Traffic Safety, Early Childhood Education, Health Information Technology, Medical Coding Specialist, Medical Office Management, Medical Laboratory Technician, Medical Office Specialist, Radiography and Respiratory Therapist. There are 62 faculty, management and support professional staff in the Health and Human Services area. This position provides direct supervision, guidance and support to 3 management and 1 support professional staff. This position reports to the Vice President – Academic Affairs.
1. Plan, organize and oversee the operation of programs and services in the program clusters including procedures, instructional budgets, special projects, grants and student/personnel issues. Establish course schedule a
2. Provide leadership in the recommendation and implementation of new programs and program and course modifications for certificate, diploma and degree programs to include data analysis and program review.
3. Provide oversight for enrollment management processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of room and course scheduling in support of student retention and success.
4. Recruit, mentor and supervise Associate Deans and other assigned staff. Review performance evaluations for all staff in the program clusters and complete yearly performance evaluations for all assigned staff.
5. Develop, implement and monitor the program clusters’ strategic planning activities, and coordinate and prioritize those activities with the Vice President – Academic Affairs. Prepare and submit reports to the Vice President – Academic Affairs to ensure compliance with budgetary and grant guidelines and alignment with the College’s strategic plan.
6. Provide leadership and insight, in collaboration with Information and Instructional Technology, for instructional and administrative software systems and ongoing business process improvements pertaining to the Academic Affairs unit.
7. Recommend educational partnerships and transfer agreements with other two-year and four-year colleges and approve high school articulated credit courses.
8. Engage with community partners to investigate and secure alternative funding sources.
9. Serve on college committees,
1. Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Three years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration, preferably in a technical/community college setting.
3. Two years post-secondary teaching experience or equivalent experience in an adult education setting from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
4. Two years of related occupational experience, preferably in a health or human services field.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based, innovative and continuous quality improvement focused environment; experience leading cross-functional teams.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
8. Demonstrated organizational skills and project management experience with the ability to multitask. Experience managing and executing projects of simi
9. Ability to use computer hardware and software, including MS Office, email, internet applications, ERP system (e.g Banner and Peoplesoft), online learning platforms (e.g. Blackboard, Canvas and Moodles) and instructional technology solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of teaching and learning.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program