We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Transportation and Logistics Intern
|Location||Brownsville, WI Corporate Office|
|Posted||97 days ago - Tuesday, April 10, 2018|
This position, under limited supervision, is responsible for supporting the activity of drivers engaged in delivery of equipment and materials to ensure operational success throughout the United States. Critical for success are the abilities to follow direction, multitask under extreme deadlines, and work/interact well with others.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, under supervision, but not limited to:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Coordinate and assign drivers and vehicles to transport equipment and materials safely to the work sites in accordance with company, local, state and federal regulations.
- Prepare work schedules to ensure sufficient shift personnel are available for workload demands.
- Identify equipment needed to meet shipment load requirements.
- Monitor and maintain contact with drivers to safely expedite deliveries.
- Analyze, prepare and maintain reports, statistics and records utilizing software.
- Initiate transportation purchase orders.
- Perform transactional data entry of assignment data into systems with a high degree of accuracy. Scan, organize and file documents.
- Other duties assigned.
Qualified Candidates must be pursuing a degree in Transportation and Logistics. Relevant construction industry or transportation experience is preferred, but not required. A high degree of responsibility, sense of urgency and accountability are critical for success in this position.