We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
|Location||Brownsville, WI Corporate Office|
|Posted||1139 days ago - Thursday, June 09, 2016|
This position is responsible for abrading surfaces of metal or hard composition objects to remove: scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt on equipment.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Clean and prepare equipment for painting through use of sandblasting tools. Demonstrate an understanding of what cannot be prepped in this way.
- Document and perform equipment disassembly: photograph equipment, dissemble, label, organize and communicate with painter prior to complete work.
- Mask specified areas of object to protect from abrading action via taping.
- Appropriately select and apply proper blast media.
- Examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Erect scaffolding, rigging, and ladders as needed.
- Operate forklift to move equipment and parts throughout yard and shop.
- Complete maintenance and cleaning of work area and equipment: daily, preventative, and routine.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must be able to handle high pressure hoses up to 90 psi and 240 cfm of air pressure as well as pass a respirator fit test, pulmonary fit test, and a medical surveillance test. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year experience as a Painter/Sandblaster in industrial manufacturing, construction or maintenance field. Applicants must be able to work independently, have effective communication skills, be self-motivated and detail orientated.