We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Civil Operations Manager-Road Construction
|Location||Brownsville, WI Corporate Office|
|Posted||264 days ago - Tuesday, May 01, 2018|
This position standardizes work process throughout Wisconsin and coordinates team members to ensure all company and client safety requirements are being met. Critical for success is the ability to produce highly accurate work in a timely manner.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Manage the office and field staff. Responsibilities include training and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing feedback; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Promote Core Values, leads by example, and is an ambassador for Michels Civil Department and Michels Corporation.
- Support field staff with answering questions, problem solving, providing direction and determining job coverage assignments.
- Review bids, project specifications and assist with pre-construction meetings to ensure client requirements are met.
- Review written reports, SOPs, policies, site and/or client specific safety plans.
- Accountable for financial profitability including monthly reporting for projects.
Qualifications include a minimum of five years of prior civil construction experience or other related project management and estimating experience, with a proven track record of profitability. Prior experience managing a team is required as well as a valid driver’s license. Applicants must be able to manage multiple projects at one time, possess the ability to successfully negotiate terms and conditions, manage tight deadlines, demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication to collaborate with various levels of management and proficiency in computer software skills.