Spot Weld Assembler
Mayville Engineering Company, Inc.
|Posted||80 days ago - Tuesday, September 14, 2021|
Our growing company is seeking to hire a Spot Welder/Assembler. Assemble sheet metal parts including hardware such as nuts, studs, fittings and operate spotweld machine to join assembled parts. Use tools/fixtures/jigs to hold parts together in compliance with drawings (prints) to manufacture parts with correct orientation, position and number of parts in each finished component.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Setup the spotweld machine per information on setup specification sheet. This includes entry of parameters or weld procedure number into the weld control.
- Handle sheet metal components from the incoming load to work area, assemble the components, join the parts in the spotweld machine, check quality of the part, then pack parts to the outgoing load in correct packaging.
- Setup tables or work supports as needed.
- Check part quality through torque test of hardware, shear test, measurement of weld nugget size or other quality verification methods. Follow part validation throughout each job and at intervals specified on quality paperwork.
- Setup and maintain spotweld machine setup. This includes dressing electrodes to maintain good contact to the work piece.
- Read prints, drawings, specifications and utilize sample parts, templates.
- Instructions given on procedures and work is subject to process and final inspection.
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 9 years in a row. That recognition isn’t handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from the 2,500 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say shareholders? YES! MEC is an employee-owned company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states.
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three months related experience and/or training is preferred.
- Experience with air feed, roll feed, and secondary operations, and the ability to do fast setups within the department is preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow at MEC safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to left up to 50 lbs. at a time. This position involves a lot of bending, twisting and lifting.