Supply Chain Planner
|Location||Fond du Lac, WI|
|Posted||48 days ago - Friday, March 05, 2021|
Ahern, one of the leading mechanical and fire protection contractors in the United States, has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Plannerworking out of our Fond du Lacoffice. In 2020, Ahern was named the ENR Midwest Specialty Contractor of the Year. Building thisfirst class reputation in the industry since 1880 did not happen by chance. It has developed over time through our commitment to conducting business ethically and by providing continuous learning, improvement and development opportunities for its number one asset, employees. You owe it to yourself to find out what Ahern has to offer!
How you will contribute:
· Prepare requests for quotations to meet technical specifications and competitive pricing necessary for decision-making
· Identify and execute opportunities for cost reduction, quality improvements, and process efficiencies
· Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies
· Monitor the quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied; follow-up on the status of purchase orders with vendors to
ensure timely delivery; expedites material as needed, and communicate status of orders with internal customers
· Process invoice discrepancies through workflow and documents product returns and credits in a timely manner
· Attend preplan meetings and/or turnover meetings as necessary to ensure proper job set up as it relates to supply chain
· Demonstrate basic level of product knowledge and application
· Instruct and train team members on pricing and purchasing processes and products
· Process price updates for system applications to maintain pricing for estimation and purchasing purposes
What you need to qualify:
· Degreein business, purchasing, supply chain, or related field/program.
· One to five years of related experience is required.
· Microsoft Office (especially Excel) proficiency
· Mechanical aptitude
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
· Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to execute tasks with a great amount of detail
What's in it for you?
The Company has a commitment to excellence that extends beyond our outstanding customer satisfaction ratings and numerous safety awards. The Company extends this commitment by passing a significant amount of profits back to employees through bonus programs, and generous 401K match. Ahern has a health benefits package that ranks in the top 20% of all plans nationally. Ahern also has a wellness program that was designed to keep employees and their families happy and healthy. Significant investment in employee training programs, advancement opportunities, educational assistance, and flexible work schedules have helped Ahern stand out above others in the industry.Experience for yourself why Ahern has been voted the Best Place to Work!
Ahern is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages veterans, women, minorities, and disabled individuals to apply.