We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Senior Principal Engineer - Project Management
|Location||Fond du Lac|
|Posted||48 days ago - Thursday, March 04, 2021|
• Accountable for successful completion of large, or highly complex and high risk small to mid sized capital projects.
• Recognized as an expert within the organization and within the field.
• Possesses expertise and specialized understanding of project and construction management concepts, principles, practices and procedures.
• Independently performs a variety of unique projects and construction management work that impacts the business on a large scale.
• Operates under little supervision and receives guidance only in the most complex situations.
• Contributes innovation and thought leadership that influences change and advancement of the industry.
• Anticipates challenges and recommends improvements and solutions for complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
• Makes critical contributions to managing and solving highly complex and/or large technical challenges using broad perspectives to identify solutions.
• Contributes to development of functional strategy and important organizational decisions.
• Takes a comprehensive approach to identifying problems understanding implications and creating solutions that support overall project progress and success.
• Coordinates work of other project managers, engineers, technicians, and support staff, and monitors their progress to assure compliance.
• Ensures communication is understood and accomplishes the intended objectives between internal project team, contractors and suppliers.
• Provides management and leadership for the continuous improvement and optimization of the project management process.
• Monitors and checks performance to ensure compliance with procedures, standards, regulations, and contractual obligations in meeting project objectives.
• Leads contractor/vendor meetings to resolve engineering and/or project management issues.
• Manages project schedules, budget, and scope.
• Manages project deliverables from third party companies.
• Provides project status reports.
• Leads and directs cross-functional teams and serves as a resource for best practices.
• Responsible for project leadership and direction of implementation of capital and other engineering related improvements involving the following major areas: cheese and whey processing, buildings/facilities, specifications, utilities, equipment, electrical, automation and controls, contract administration, start-up, and commissioning.
• Define scope and overall management of complex projects including: determining project objectives, timelines, budgets, resources, tasks, and supervising progress to ensure objectives are being met.
• Responsible for identification, specification, requisitioning, and coordination with procurement for the purchase and delivery of project components and equipment necessary for implementation of projects.
• Examine, review, and approve documents such as purchase orders, blueprint designs, change orders, and specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy.
• Direct the work and activities of suppliers, contractors, consultants, and designers as required.
• Prepare capital requests and justifications for improvement projects.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local codes.
• Connects internal subject matter experts with facilities, consultants, and regulatory agencies.
• Participates in professional organizations to maintain current knowledge of technical innovations.