We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Principal Engineer-Automation & Controls
|Location||Fond du Lac|
|Posted||48 days ago - Thursday, March 04, 2021|
- Possesses advanced knowledge and specialized understanding of professional engineering concepts, principles, practices and procedures.
- Independently performs a variety of highly complex engineering work with general supervision and guidance usually only in the most complex situations.
- Provides expertise in conceptual design and construction implementation of highly complex systems.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and oversee highly complex/high profile projects.
- Makes critical contributions to managing and solving highly complex and/or large technical challenges using broad perspectives to identify solutions.
- Prepares clear, technically accurate and documented explanations related to highly complex projects.
- Recognized mentor and technically credible role model and expert within the organization.
- Coordinates work of other engineers, technicians, and support staff, and monitors their progress to assure compliance.
- Ensures communication is understood and accomplishes the intended objectives.
- Provides management and leadership for the continuous improvement and optimization of the manufacturing processes and innovative design concepts to provide best value for the investment.
- Provides consultation and advises on best practices for plant design, process equipment, tools, techniques, and regulations/codes.Designs, develops and implements new products, processes, test methods, and equipment.
- Provides technical expertise on components, methods, systems and equipment.
- Leads engineering studies for process improvements and validations.
- Develops physical and functional test requirements to ensure specifications and regulations are met.
- Leads and directs cross-functional teams and serves as a resource for best practices.
- Responsible for project leadership and direction of implementation of capital and other engineering related improvements involving the following major areas: cheese and whey processing, buildings/facilities, specifications, utilities, equipment, electrical, automation and controls, contract administration, start-up, and commissioning.
- Define scope and overall management of complex projects including: determining project objectives, timelines, budgets, resources, tasks, and supervising progress to ensure objectives are being met.
- Responsible for identification, specification, requisitioning, and coordination with procurement for the purchase and delivery of project components and equipment necessary for implementation of projects.
- Examine, review, and approve documents such as purchase orders, blueprint designs, change orders, and specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Direct the work and activities of suppliers, contractors, consultants, and designers as required.
- Prepare capital requests and justifications for improvement projects.
- Manage the research, development, design, and testing of electrical components, equipment, facilities and systems including power / control systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for industrial uses, including motors and conveyance systems, PLC controls, and general machine design controls; directing activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operation conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Direct operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and systems utilizing computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Determine feasibility of designing equipment or modifying existing equipment considering costs, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to help establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment.
- Coordinate preparation of product or system layouts, detailed drawings, and schematics.
- Prepare and compile necessary calculations to support product designs.
- Analyze test data and reports to help determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
4. Additional Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local codes.
- Provide liaison on project, facilities and equipment with regulatory agencies.
- Participate in professional organizations to maintain current knowledge of technical innovations.