Plant Lab Technician - 4 AM - 4 PM, Team 1
|Posted||3 days ago - Thursday, January 13, 2022|
$20.59/hour and up, weekend premium, $1,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Hours 4:00 AM - 4:00 PM, rotating 2/2/3 schedule (only work half the year!)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Laboratory Testing
• Perform tests and analyses accurately and timely on samples of dairy products:
• Follow test procedures using reference methods, such as AOAC or Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, and others as required
• Tests to include: Moisture and salt analysis, butterfat, proteins, total solids, pH, titratable acidity, various bacteriological testing, inhibitory substances, sample preparation, environmental and other tests as directed
• Commissions, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as microscopes, pH meter, protein analysis equipment, milk/whey/cheese component analysis equipment, automated titration equipment, laboratory balances and other equipment
• Troubleshoot basic equipment and testing procedures
• Perform routine calibration and maintenance on laboratory equipment
• Organize and prepare supplies needed to complete work
• Maintain a functional and clean work area
• Follows all regulatory, safety, standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and good laboratory practices (GLPs)
2. Recording Data & Communication of Results
• Effectively communicates results of testing (written and oral)
• Entry of results into databases, e.g. LIMS
• Prepares reports, charts, and graphs for internal and external customers
3. Functional Program Support (ex. SQF, Lab-specific programs), Process Improvement and Innovation
• Assist with the completion of functional program activities that may include:
• Data Analysis
• Root Cause Analysis and CAPA
• SOP/SSOP Development
• Testing/Sampling (environmental, air, water)
• Documentation Review & Maintenance
• Calibration of Equipment
• Collaborate with the management team to find new and creative ways to maximize job efficiency, cost containment and reduction efforts, streamline documentation processes, implement and utilize new technology, and/or improve information reporting and communication
• Independently search for, recommend, and implement process and method improvements that maximize administrative efficiencies and eliminate process redundancy, manual data entry, and unnecessary paperwork
4. Additional Requirements
• May assist in development and maintenance of quality programs.
• May assist in monitoring surveillance programs.
• May assist in food safety and quality project initiatives
• Other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that maybe assigned.
Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Preferred 2 Year / Associate Degree Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or other related discipline.
Experience & Training
• Two (2) or more years of related work experience required.
Licenses & Certifications
• Lab Analyst
• Milk and Cream Tester
• HACCP Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Good analytical, math, and problem solving skills
• Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel)
• Prior history of actual lab bench time experience and the ability to demonstrate knowledge of proper laboratory techniques, whether by job experience or prior education.
• Various Electronic Laboratory Equipment