Assistant Lab Manager (Brownsville)
|Posted||3 days ago - Tuesday, September 15, 2020|
Hours: Monday-Friday, 2-10:30pm
Job Summary: Responsibilities include planning and directing work of lab Associates in a dairy plant; conducting regular performance reviews; rewarding Associate successes and addressing performance concerns; resolving problems from our customers, both internal and external. Respond to questions from managers, and customers concerning testing methods and results. Assume testing duties as needed to ensure our customers have timely results.
- Advocates for effective execution of the performance management process by collaborating with direct report/s to set clear objectives, goals and expectations. Conducts regular coaching and constructive feedback discussions to review performance and goal progress, assist with challenges, and identify strengths and development areas, all to support Associate professional and career development, while increasing engagement and motivation.
- Supports workforce planning and talent acquisition strategies by effectively staffing and hiring diverse talent for the organization.
- Addresses Associate relations and performance issues in a timely manner and/or makes appropriate decisions relative to performance challenges.
Supervise Plant Laboratory Operations and Perform Tests
- Manage laboratory operations.
- Generate and communicate microbiological and chemical testing results.
- Maintain quality and efficiency of lab operations.
- Conduct and manage training of new and current lab employees.
- Manage distribution of workload.
- Perform typical analyses and tests on a timely basis.
- Ensure testing requests from Operations and other departments are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and document all Laboratory processes, procedures and workflows; including updates and annual reviews.
- Ensure safety of associates; develop and support documented safety programs.
- Work with the Corporate lab and plant quality manager to make sure Budgets and Operating Costs are controlled including overtime.
- Ensure all Core Laboratory equipment and instruments are maintained and working properly.
- Evaluates new lab equipment technologies and continuously improves efficiencies with new technologies.
- Ensure compliance and renewal of State and Federal Laboratory Certification programs if applicable.
- Effectively administer external Check sample programs to ensure compliance to FDA/State of Wisconsin testing requirements.
- Coordinate whey and cheese Quality Control testing.
- Administer the Internal check sample program which ensures calibration of testing equipment and test procedures at all Grande Corporate Laboratory.
- Develop and manage testing of all shelf-life samples as part of our ongoing Quality Assurance programs.
- Maintain working knowledge of processes, procedures, or techniques in accordance with the Methods Manual, Quality Manual, Sanitation, Safety Manual, and approved laboratory procedures.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that maybe assigned.