We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Fond du Lac County
|Location||459 E First Street Fond du Lac, Wisconsin|
|Posted||889 days ago - Sunday, December 20, 2015|
|Wage:||$17.95 - $21.60|
**Accepting applications until the position is filled.**
Under the direction of the Activities Director, the Music Therapist position will implement therapeutic music programs in order to enrich the lives of residents at Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation.The therapeutic music programming conducted by the Music Therapist will be designed to improve the social, emotional, and psychosocial wellbeing of residents, specific to their needs and preferences. The therapist will work with older adults from various socio-economic backgrounds and with various clinical needs ranging from long-term custodial care, to short-term rehabilitative care.
The following duties are normal for this position.These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Plans, creates, and implements therapeutic music activities in accordance with residents'/patients' needs, capabilities, interests, and individualized care plans.
- Participates in instrumental and vocal music activities designed to meetresidents' needs such as solo or group singing or rhythmical music activities.
- Implements individualized goals or ensures the same with the assistance of other staff.
- Observes and evaluates residents' reactions to various experiences and prepares reports documenting therapeutic changes.
- Coordinates the music therapy treatment program with other Activities department staff and with other interdisciplinary team members.
- Develops a general music education program for residents/patients.
- Maintains a music library, as well as an inventory of other musically related necessary materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintain and oversee The Music & Memory Program and equipment.
- As a member of the care delivery team, participates in the formulation of interdisciplinary plans of care.
- Provides in-service training relative to music therapy for other staff members as needed.
- Completes assessments, MDS documentation, and resident progress notes.
- Plans and implements special programs which may include community integration
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesNOTE: Knowledge in areas listed is required to be at minimum at the entry level
- Knowledge of musical theory, and music instruction methods.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of music therapy.
- Knowledge of the various appropriate music therapy activities used for the therapeutic treatment of those with mental and/or physical disabilities.
- Knowledge of the equipment used in music therapy, incorporating various modalities.
- Knowledge of the techniques of directing band, orchestra, and other instrumental ensembles.
- Ability to sight read music and play a musical instrument proficiently.
- Ability to compose simple musical arrangements.
- Ability to direct vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- Knowledge of musical program planning.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of a therapeutic music program, make changes as needed, and collect and organize data.
- Ability to work with other staff on an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Ability to get along well with, gain the cooperation of and provide encouragement to residents.
- Ability to work with professional and technical personnel in the area of the work performed.
- Experience with electronic medical records and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to maintain professional composure while multitasking on a daily basis.
- Ability to advise and provide interpretation regarding the application of policies, procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with a diverse audience and modalities.
Training and Experience:
- Board Certified Music Therapist (preferred)
- One year of experience working with a chronically mentally ill and/or senior population is highly preferred.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.http://www.fdlco.wi.gov/departments/departments-f-m/human-resources/benefits