We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Strategic Sourcing Supervisor
Elkay - ISI
|Location||Fond du Lac|
|Posted||85 days ago - Friday, May 22, 2020|
Strategic Sourcing Supervisor
Our goal at Elkay is to inspire everyday – customers, employees…and the employees of tomorrow. We focus on doing the right thing so we can be in business forever. Our values-driven culture emphasizes investing in people and treating them like part of the family. We’re financially-stable and privately-owned with a solid reputation for ethics, integrity, giving back, and providing an engaging, inclusive environment where careers flourish and grow. Our people are proud to work for Elkay.
And the feeling is mutual – because it’s Elkay’s people who really give us our edge. We empower our employees to take the lead in delivering Elkay’s exceptional customer experience. Our commitment to our people and their professional development is a recipe for success that has fueled our growth from a three-person shop in 1920 to one of today’s leading international suppliers of plumbing, water delivery and branded commercial interiors. If you’re ready for a new career challenge where everything you do will make a difference, talk to us about joining the Elkay family.
Elkay Interior Systems (EIS) is a global interior design and manufacturing company, offering an array of design, build, and installation services to the restaurant, retail, education, and hospitality markets. EIS simplifies the complicated. By leveraging insights gained from working with global brands, we cultivate environments that are dynamic and profitable, designing experiences customers will remember.
We are thinkers, designers, and builders, crafting extraordinary environments.
Join EIS, an Elkay Manufacturing company, and discover your next opportunity.
Under the direction of the Global Supply Chain Manger, the NEW position of Strategic Sourcing Supervisor for our Elkay Interior Systems business manages the Strategic Sourcing department by setting goals and objectives that align with the business unit strategy. This position interacts with Sales, Project Management, Design, Procurement, Engineering and Production personnel to oversee end to end sourcing of products and services essential for our operations. In addition, the Strategic Sourcing Supervisor is responsible for all phases of sourcing that require the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate and generate contracts to assure seamless availability of all products to support the company objectives. Directly manage a Supply Chain Planner and Sourcing Specialist.
Specific duties include:
- Develop standard policies and procedures that improve the effectiveness of the sourcing and procurement process. Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing goal management and implements action items to ensure that those goals are achieved. Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy domestically and internationally.
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives. Assess supplier capabilities, identify new suppliers and negotiate contracts for timely supplies at fair prices and in compliance with regulations.
- Lead department to develop forecasts for future demand and places orders in a timely fashion based upon vendor lead-time
- Excess and Obsolescence management
- Lead the hiring and development process for direct reports as needed. Provide guidance and leadership to the members of the staff, including day to day management of workload, work hours, PTO, etc. Complete performance evaluations and review each associate, including quarterly performance update meetings and wage adjustment recommendations.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of strategic sourcing experience required. Person hired will source a combination of finished goods, components and raw materials.
- 2+ years of direct people management experience strongly preferred.
- Global experience preferred.
- Custom manufacturing experience strongly preferred. Experience with wood, laminate, casework preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, drawings, safety rules, and procedure manuals required.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence, drawings, sketches, and final plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees within and outside the organization.
- Strong negotiation skills a must.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and aggressive due dates.
- Excellent teaming and collaboration skills essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills a must.