We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Library Clerk 1 (Circulation)
City of Fond du Lac
|Location||FOND DU LAC|
|Posted||48 days ago - Friday, March 05, 2021|
Library Clerks perform mid-level clerical tasks assigned by the Circulation Team Leader and the Assistant Director for Operations. The work involves carrying out assignments by following standing instructions on routine procedures and established practices. The work requires considerable public contact at the Circulation Desk.
A. Knowledge and Skills
1. Exceptional customer service skills.
2. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
3. Computer literacy skills commensurate with the position.
4. Ability to efficiently perform clerical tasks with limited supervision.
5. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide without the use of a calculator.
6. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality, patience, attentiveness, and empathy with patrons.
8. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and establish positive, mutually supportive working relationships with other staff.
9. Ability to exercise valid judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
10. Ability to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor at all times.
11. Ability to work independently at the Express branch or used bookstore.
12. Flexibility to try new procedures, to accept new challenges, and to adapt to change.
13. Willingness and ability to make logical exceptions to library policies and procedures when warranted.
14. Willingness to maintain and/or improve skills through active participation in continuing education activities.
B. Education/License/Certification Requirements
1. High school diploma or GED.
C. Physical Requirements
1. Standing, walking, stooping, and reaching.
2. Ability to work long hours while standing. A typical shift is 4-5 hours.
3. Talking and hearing; use of the telephone.
4. Far vision at 20 feet or further and near vision at 20 inches or less.
5. Handling: picking up and shelving materials.
6. Fingering: keyboarding, writing, filing, and sorting.
7. Lifting, carrying: 30 pounds or less.
8. Ability to push or pull a book bin or cart of materials on wheels weighing 60 - 80 pounds.