We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Project Manager - Manufacturing Engineering
|Location||Fond du Lac, WI|
|Posted||207 days ago - Tuesday, January 21, 2020|
Wabash National is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that moves diverse industries forward through innovative solutions. Each associate is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 25 years ago.
If you are applying for a position with certain Wabash National Corporation's subsidiaries, Walker Stainless Equipment LLC, or Brenner Tank, LLC, with locations in Wisconsin and Oregon, or Supreme Corporation with locations in Indiana, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, and California; please know that these companies are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers.You can learn more about your rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash National. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be – for our associates, our customers and our community
Position will lead multiple project teams to successful completion of new product launches, facilities expansions, and capital projects through the following duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Internal Project Reporting and Administration
- Assumes leadership of cross functional teams to drive results that align with strategic company goals
- Tracks and reports weekly during project reviews on status, successes, issues and slippage; budget and spending status if appropriate; next steps in the project effort to complete needed tasks along with other key project metrics
- Determines roles of cross-functional team members based on project requirements, timeframes and budget. Manages multiple project teams and resources towards project successes
- Develops team members through personal leadership and mentors them based on organizational and project requirements
- Interacts with the team member’s direct managers in a constructive way to improve overall performance
- When necessary works with external contractors in addition to internal resources
- Defines skill sets (competencies) required for team members based on project specifications and requirements
- Determines other resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project needs and specifications
Project Accounting and Finance
- Will analyze project profitability, margins, understand our basic revenue models, pricing and billing procedures, and makes decisions accordingly
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed
- Manages the project budget
- Creates or participates in the creation of project documentation. I.e. scope documents, budgets, timelines, checklists, status reports, etc.
- Establishes and maintains a well-communicated schedule for all phases of a project
- Works with appropriate customer, company, and team personnel to ensure any changes or adjustments within the projects are understood and approved
- Manages the scope of a project through meetings, internal change orders or other methods to help ensure projects deliver on timeline, scope, budget and strategy expectations
- Evaluates key deliverables and final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and customer/client acceptance
- Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverables
- Identifies, tracks, manages and mitigates risks. Escalates issues when necessary to help ensure minimal impact to project, product quality, budget and timeline
- Works with customers, management and others to ensure an understanding of expectations, deliverables, dependencies, risks and progress of the development process. If needed, creates customized reporting for the stakeholders.
- Uses sound judgment in all project communication and ensures that key stakeholders are apprised of project activities in a timely manner
- Communicates progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to stakeholders and team members
Other Core Responsibilities
- Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop equipment, fixtures, procedures, processes, tooling and/or automation
- Assesses process capabilities, identifies improvement opportunities and integrates new processes and equipment to maximize manufacturing throughput and velocity
- Collaborates with Manufacturing and Product Engineering to implement new production processes, which meet engineering and quality specifications
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Travels 25% of the time or more depending of project location and status
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- College Degree Major Desired: Engineering, Technology, or Project Management
Knowledge, Training, Skills and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of workforce strategies or skills developed in other sectors is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key partners, stakeholders, customers, and suppliers
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects
- Good computer skills, proficient with MS office applications, and 3D and 2D Drawing Software Packages
- Proficient blue printing reading skills.
Experience specific to this position:
- 2 years or more experience in project management or related positions
- Metal Fabrication (shear, presses, turrets, laser cutting, plasma cutting) and MIG and TIG welding experience for Stainless Steel and Aluminum.
- 4 to 6 years of Manufacturing experience within an Assembly or Welding environment
- PMP Certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small or large team settings
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Wabash National is a tobacco free environment.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Wabash National Corporation or any of its affiliates, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.