|Location||Fond du Lac, WI|
|Posted||266 days ago - Monday, April 30, 2018|
Wabash National is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that moves diverse industries forward through innovative solutions. Each associate is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 25 years ago.
If you are applying for a position with certain of Wabash National Corporation's subsidiaries, such as Brenner Tank, LLC, Garsite/Progress LLC, or Walker Stainless Equipment LLC,with locations in Kansasand Wisconsin, please know that these companies are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. You can learn more about your rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash National. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be – for our associates, our customers and our community.
- Creates drawings in accordance with directions from more senior design staff
- Updates systems information (ERP, CAD, etc.) based on feedback received
- Investigates the possible root causes of quality issues
- Conducts basic research in to appropriate purchased components for integration into a design type
- Suggests material for Engineering Design Standards
- Contributes to continuous improvement activities, like Optimization
- Provides assistance to internal customers in interpreting Engineering deliverables
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews drawings against inputs received (specifications, instructions, etc.) for completeness and accuracy
- Aids in the preparation of timely list of long lead purchased components for a new order
- Constructs CAD files for a new order, as assigned
- Ensures all permanent records are saved in the appropriate directories and/or Vault
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers, as needed
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Education Requirements:Associate’s Degree, Trade or Technical School
2 year Associate Degree in Mechanical Design
Knowledge, Training, Skills and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of AutoDESK Inventor and CAD software
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Windows Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to interact with various departments and customers
- Ability to coordinate several tasks concurrently
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- 1 year of experience in Mechanical Design
- ERP systems experience (SAP)
- Exceptional work ethic - must be a self-starter and willing to do what it takes to complete the task
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Strong sense of urgency
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Wabash National is a tobacco free environment.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Wabash National Corporation or any of its affiliates, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email email@example.com.