We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Sales and Use Tax Accountant
Alliance Laundry Systems
|Posted||183 days ago - Monday, January 21, 2019|
Under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the Sales and Use Tax Accountant manages the sales & use tax collection process and remittances to multiple states. Additional responsibilities include preparing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, providing analytical support to management and identifying and implementing work process improvements.
- Manage and perform the preparation of monthly sales & use tax returns and submit remittances to all states.
- Provide support during external state sales and use tax audits.
- Perform technical research for transaction tax related issues as needed.
- Review and approve purchase orders and appropriation requests for the correct taxation treatment.
- Provide exemption certificates to outside vendors as appropriate.
- Research and respond to customer requests for sales tax credits.
- Maintain and validate the company’s database of customer exemption certificates.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Initiate and implement work process improvements: automating activities and eliminating rework and duplication of effort.
- Assist in other projects of a financial nature as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in sales and use tax, general accounting, public accounting, or related area.
Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in sales/use tax filing, monthly closing, account reconciliation, and work process improvement is desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Experience with SAP, Vertex or other ERP systems preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Associate degree in Accounting with multiple years of experience would also be considered.
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting.