Alliance Laundry Systems
|Posted||96 days ago - Monday, May 14, 2018|
A manufacturing engineer will be responsible for engineering matters relating to planning, managing and maintaining production methods and processes. The right candidate will be able to participate in cross-functional teams representing manufacturing engineering at every stage of the design and development process. They will also be required to collaborate with colleagues in other engineering functions as well as production, research, marketing and after-sales service.
- Examines equipment, processes, operations, and assembly procedures to determine time or quality revisions and suggests improvements.
- This position will have responsibility to carry out changes or monitor operations standards. In addition, this individual will evaluate vendor proposals for new equipment purchases.
- Select suitable manufacturing processes and applies modern organizational principles to make products at a competitive cost.
- Identify & optimize current and new manufacturing processes using continuous improvement
- Methodize fabrication of parts/assemblies
- Conduct Capability Studies and perform Time Studies
- Process Development – may include Visual Work Instructions
- Shop support and process trouble-shooting
- Cost (scrap, rework, cycle time, etc.) reduction
- Specify tools, jigs and fixtures
- Specify and justify procurement of equipment
- Improve existing operations, incorporating new methods and processes
- Equipment purchase and installation
- Project coordination and daily troubleshooting
- Running meetings with other team members
- Will participate in Kaizen events
- 1-5 years engineering project experience in a metal manufacturing environment preferred
- Lean manufacturing exposure
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be capable of taking a project lead role and comfortable in a fast moving continuous improvement culture
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks with aggressive deadlines
- Experience in Lean manufacturing techniques, Capability Studies, Process Mapping, FMEA, and root cause analysis
- Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office
- Pro-E & Auto Cad a strong plus
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or combined related experience required
- Lean manufacturing training desired
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting.