We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Alliance Laundry Systems
|Posted||180 days ago - Thursday, January 24, 2019|
The Lean Manager is key in leading, facilitating and driving continuous improvement throughout our business processes. The primary focus of this position will be to enhance value, eliminate waste, streamline & standardize processes, and implement best practices of key business processes. The Lean Manager will work with small functional teams to identify, lead, track, implement, and report on continuous improvement projects utilizing appropriate lean office tools & techniques to optimize business performance.
- Support leadership team in transforming the company culture in focusing on Continuous Improvement of business processes and systems.
- Communicate regularly, concisely, and transparently regarding opportunities for improvement and actions taken to close performance gaps.
- Define, facilitate, and implement continuous improvement initiatives in both interdepartmental and intradepartmental business processes.
- Lead teams to optimize business performance through building trust, open communications, respect of all team members, work life balance, standardization, implementing robust processes and systems.
- Apply the appropriate office lean tools to improve speed, efficiency and expected outcomes of processes; Tools such as Process Mapping, DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control), Workplace Organization, for the Office, Mistake Proofing, Department Expectations and Scorecards, Goal Deployment, Competitive Office techniques and Value Analysis. Educate, train, coach & mentor team members as required.
- Optimize business processes through innovation, technology and eliminating non-valued added process activities.
- Identify and leverage best practices, lessons learned, and operational excellence opportunities.
- Ensure that business is conducted with the highest standards of Ethics, Integrity, Quality and Customer Service.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement/Lean tools and their application required.
- Prior experience implementing Lean Office/Competitive Office is required.
- Prior experience as a Continuous Improvement facilitator/practitioner preferred.
- Proven track record for developing, training, & coaching teams strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working in a Continuous Improvement/Lean company preferred.
- Prior experience working in a multi-cultural environment preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with & positively influence all levels of the organization.
- A passion for innovation as demonstrated by working first to understand the existing organization, to maximize the current structure, and then to influence change as required.
- Expertise in problem solving utilizing a formal program or process.
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate lean tools.
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor others.
- Strong communication skills including written, oral, and presentation.
- Organization and prioritization skills.
- Unquestioned integrity & a professional history of making principle-based decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Technical and/or business degrees preferred.
- Additional graduate degrees/study a plus.
- Lean Manufacturing Training/Certifications preferred.
- Problem Solving Training/Certifications preferred.
- Quality Training /Certifications preferred.
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending, and minimal lifting (<40 pounds).
- Position may require some travel; including international travel.
- Position will regularly work greater than 8 hours per day.