Alliance Laundry Systems
|Posted||20 days ago - Wednesday, March 06, 2019|
To further strengthen the research & development capability in our engineering team, we are recruiting a CAE Engineer to conduct modeling and CAE simulation to support and drive product development, innovation, speed-to-market and value enhancement. The CAE Engineer will simulate new designs, technologies and processes to provide innovative solutions for design and functionality of washers and dryers. Work closely with the Engineering research, development and innovation teams to define value-creating solutions for structural, dynamic, process and thermal behavior of our laundry equipment. Will be part of a global CAE team focused on business support, innovation, new developments and value enhancement.
- Create and execute analysis plans for assigned projects. Work with CAE suppliers and internal engineering and lab resources to meet program milestones and deliverables.
- Perform necessary pre-processing such as meshing and any other model preparation, or support outsourcing when needed
- Conduct CAE analyses such as structural, modal, vibration and multi-body dynamics analyses
- Work closely with Product Development, Innovation, Value Enhancement and Project Management Teams to ensure milestone attainment to meet project expectations
- Provide robust design methods to minimize failure modes and improve performance of the equipment, and when necessary, provide technical leadership/direction to resolve issues
- Maintain affiliations with appropriate professional, research and technical groups
- Support critical design reviews- align product designs with product engineer and manufacturing capabilities and escalate if alignment to project expectations is not present
- Conduct effective and efficient technical presentations and reporting which may involve design, engineering, internal/external customers, suppliers, etc.
- Review and interpret simulation results and recommend design, improvement or corrective actions
- Support implementation of new designs and cooperate with test labs to correlate and validate models and results of analyses
- Contribute in the development and implementation of new methods and analyses to minimize design changes required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Automotive or equivalent) ; Master's Degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in FE Analysis – Structural, multibody dynamics, nonlinear strength analyses, optimization techniques (preferably with MSC Software - ADAMS, Marc, Nastran)
- 3+ years’ experience with pre- and post-processing, interpretation and reporting of FE/CFD analysis (preferably using MSC Mentat, Patran, Apex for FEA)
- Experience with impact analysis would be an extra benefit
- Preferably experience with CAD systems such as Pro/Engineer - PTC Creo
- Preferably 3+ years' experience in an industrial environment, applying FEA in product development
- Experience in analysis model development with shell and solid meshing
- Experience in pre-processing, post processing and debugging for FEA models
- Thorough understanding of material properties and models as inputs to CAE analysis
- Experience in following designs through to prototyping and correlation with CAE
- Knowledge of Six Sigma / statistics / Design of Experiment /data analytics techniques highly desired.
- Effective communicator with exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with staff at remote locations and track progress against established project timelines and milestones
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships with the Project Teams, and various functions
- Ability to drive accountability to Product Engineers through structured requirements
- Multi-tasker and team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Possesses continuous improvement mentality with regards to product development, analysis, methodology, etc.
- Good English language skills
- Willing and able to travel internationally occasionally
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting