We're sorry. This job is no longer available.Search all active jobs
Associate Manufacturing Automation Technician
Alliance Laundry Systems
|Posted||61 days ago - Thursday, January 24, 2019|
This position is responsible for working on automation and process improvement projects that are focused on the improvement of products and processes in a manufacturing environment. The automation technician will be a highly motivated individual who will help determine the best cost effective solutions to improve manufacturing performance.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing practices to improve manufacturing processes and reduce cost.
- Conduct performance studies on current plant operations to identify automation opportunities that will improve efficiency, eliminate bottle necks and improve quality of operations.
- Assist in developing, designing, piloting, integrating, implementing and maintaining complete automation cells and end of arm tooling.
- Make mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic repairs to assembly automation equipment during prior to implementation.
- Familiar with PLC & HMI controls.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical diagrams. Provide technical support for existing applications by troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Assist in developing preventive maintenance standards and manuals for automation cells.
- Keep and update accurate records of all activities performed on automation cells.
- Develop project scorecards and maintain accurate records in an electronic data base throughout all elements of each project.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 0-2 years. Technical experience in a metal manufacturing environment preferred
- Lean manufacturing exposure
Skills and Abilities:
- Committed to achieving world-class performance standards.
- Must have a “Can do” attitude.
- Willingness to learn but not limited to: reading blueprints, schematics, PLC and HMI programing.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in engineering principles, practices and methods, environmental regulations, engineering project management methods, workplace safety, budgeting, and personnel management.
- Excellent team collaboration and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced environment. Individual should be competent in handling simultaneously occurring tasks and smaller projects, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; sets goals and objectives.
- Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of equipment and systems appropriate to related discipline.
- Skill in applying engineering principles and procedures.
- Skill in engineering design applications and mechanical aptitude.
- AutoCAD and CREO experience is a plus.
- The desire to strive for both personal and operational excellence through a never-ending drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work on own with direction and think independently.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Lean manufacturing training desired
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting